Conner Carey (they/them)
Writer & Content Strategist
7+ years growing businesses with SEO writing & digital marketing.
Lead Content Writer
April 2022 - August 2022
- Generated and researched content ideas for blog posts, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Developed a monthly content strategy including weekly blog posts, quarterly drip feed campaigns, a monthly newsletter and creator spotlight. Wrote social copy for all content.
- Researched and wrote weekly blog posts on topics relevant to creator entrepreneurs.
- Examined and edited copy of entire marketing website for clarity and grammar.
- Conducted weekly User Interviews with creator entrepreneurs for market research.
- Collaborated across teams on marketing angles, including “super specific who”, implementing a new blog platform, launching the Stripe SendOwl app.
- Regularly utilized HTML, Slack, Hootsuite, Canva.
- Laid off with positive recommendation from CEO, Matt Plotke
January - April 2022
- Researched keywords and created a strategy for improving traffic year-over-year with evergreen content. Determined the optimal strategy for improving Brand’s SEO practices.
- Produce weekly B2B marketing blog posts with SEO optimization to promote and explain business offerings. Recommend improved marketing copy for business-facing landing pages.
- Write detailed SEO guides on the rules, releases, and strategies for trading card games.
- Regularly utilize Wordpress, Photoshop templates, Slack, and Monday.
At Your Pace Online (Remote)
May 2020 - April 2021
- Researched and transmitted information on specific technical subjects for students of all levels seeking certification.
Subjects included: Real Estate (Salesperson & Broker); Elevator Engineering Code; Mortgage Loan Originating; Tax Code; etc.
- Quickly learned and implemented editorial standards and technical systems for completed courses.
- Coordinated with team members to efficiently utilize content across relevant courses.
- Regularly utilized Google Workspace, Slack, Monday and Rackspace email.
iPhone Life Magazine (Fairfield, IA)
July 2015 - August 2018
- Developed and systematized SEO strategy; brought monthly organic hits from 200k/month to over 1 million per month in my first year.
- Authored hundreds of articles on Apple consumer technology and related products; wrote ad copy for both online and in-print sponsorships.
- Appeared on-camera as a podcast host. Later also hosted and filmed weekly “App Saturday” features.
- Adapted popular topics into powerpoints for webinars and hosted events to inform current subscribers and promote the premium membership tier.
- Developed and managed the Facebook community group for premium members. Facilitated discussions, hosted events around Apple product launches, and enforced group standards.
- Attended the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- Utilized SEMrush, Google Workspace, Slack, and Rackspace email.
Maharishi International University
B.A. English emphasis Creative Writing
August 2010 - May 2015
- High emotional intelligence.
- Self-motivated & highly-organized.
- Excellent direct communicator.
- Storyteller and creative writer.
- High-integrity goofball.